Faith * Hope * Love



FAITH - HOPE - LOVE

    There exists faith, hope and love. The greatest of these is love, but the least written and talked about is hope. This page is about hope which is necessary for our Christian life. Without it we will give up and turn away from Christ when sorrows and problems come our way.
    Faith, hope and love work together. They cannot be separated.

LOVE
    Jesus loves me therefore I love Him, and because I love Him I am obedient to Him. If I do not have love I am nothing and all the good works I perform will not please God. Only those good works that I do through love are pleasing to God.
    My actions reveal how much love I have. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres and never fails. The reason my love will not fail is because of my hope which is based on Christ being near me and causing all things to come out right.
    If I have faith, hope and love working together I can love my enemies, bless those who curse me, and do good to those who persecute me. Then my joy is so great that it cannot be expressed in words.

FAITH
    Without faith I cannot please God, for faith in Christ is being sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see. Through faith I know that God exists and that He will reward me as I earnestly seek Him.
    God allows problems in my life to test my faith. Therefore, I consider it pure joy when I face many trials because I know that the test of my faith develops perseverance. And perseverance develops character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint me. So, with an active faith, hope and love I can meet the storms and sorrows of life and be victorious over the cares of this world.

HOPE
    Hope is that expectation of the return of Jesus to set up His kingdom and put things right. With hope I can meet the problems of today for I know that tomorrow will be glory with Jesus. Therefore, hope makes it possible for me to rejoice in my sufferings.
    When my life rests on a foundation of faith, hope, and love I am able to give thanks to God and praise Him regardless of what happens. For I know that all things will work together for my good as God uses me to bring honor and glory to His name. "Yahweh is my strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in him, and I am helped.Therefore my heart greatly rejoices. With my song I will thank him." Psalm 28:7

For we were saved in hope, but hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for that which he sees? But if we hope for that which we don't see, we wait for it with patience.Romans 8:24,25


***

No comments: